1000 Women united against domestic violence and abuse
Categories: HEADLINES, Women Empowerment
- One out of every four women in South Africa is in an abusive relationship - Every six days a woman in South Africa is murdered by her intimate partner - Every 25 seconds a woman or girl is raped in South Africa. These shocking statistics are not new to us, because every time we read a newspaper or turn on the television, we are made aware of the escalating level of abuse towards women and girls that takes place in our communities every day.
We are calling all South Africans to stand together and speak out.
Join Platinum sponsor Wendy Ackerman and become an Ambassador for 1000 Women united against domestic violence and abuse project!
Since 2004, we have been mobilizing “1000 Women to Unite against Domestic Violence” in Cape Town. This initiative is worth remembering, with 1000 women standing together against domestic violence, abuse and rape. You are invited to join the 11th event in Cape Town on 12th May 2016.
About the initiative
The flagship event of the 1000 Women United Against Domestic Violence Initiative is a luncheon that will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 12th May 2016. This exciting event offers inspiring speakers, including Yvonne Chaka Chaka, wonderful entertainment, a great goody bag, and wonderful networking opportunities.
We mobilize resources to provide access to skills, leadership capacity building and provide seed funding to women-led organisations. During 2016 we will support a number of NPO’s
Our Grantmaking partner, WHEAT Trust will announce the awards and grants that will be distributed to grassroots women-led organisations during the event.
“ Being one of the founding members of the 1000 Women United Against Domestic Violence Initiative, I believe every South African should get involved in this initiative. Join me and make yourself heard ! ”
Wendy Ackerman Trustee.
How can YOU get involved?
- Donate to the 1000 Women Trust and provide funds for grants that support projects working with violence against women.
- Make sure your Company invests in this project. We have various rights packages for our corporate donors (BEE score card SED and Skills Development opportunities) Talk to me on C: 073 2079 079. Donate today.
- Become an Ambassador – donate R1000 and mobilise your friends to join 1000 Women 1 Voice. Special rates to your friends and private invitation to media events.
- Make sure your Company invests in this project. Invest R10 000 bring 10 people to the event and we will ensure your branding is visible at the event. Contact email@example.com to see the rights package.
- Invite your friends to attend the event…. Book Club, Grocery Club, NPO or just some friends. Phone our office to book your table. Show you care, make yourself heard.
Become a significant partner in this prestigious one-of-a-kind initiative and add your name to the growing number of good citizens and companies that take a stand against domestic violence.
The 1000 Women Trust is an independent Trust, a registered NPO and Public Benefit Organisation and we advocate for a South Africa where women can live free of violence, our girls can be safe. We show solidarity with Women from around the world who relentlessly work to STOP Gender Base Violence (GBV).