To celebrate Mandela Month, Starting Chance and Cape for
kids are joining hands with the 9 educares that we support in
Mfuleni. We have decided to have a fun day at the Mfuleni
High School Hall on 5th August from 11-3pm.
Each school will be making a game for children to play on the
day using recycled materials and Starting Chance will be
organizing a number of food stalls. To take part in the fun day
each family from the educares need to buy coupons at their
school. All proceeds raised by this event will go towards the
upliftment of the schools.
We would love it if children from Cape Town support children
from the townships during Mandela Month.
Please support us! You can do this by:
- Buying a book of coupons for R30 for a family that can’t afford it.
- Involve your children at your school and make sweetie baskets for us or cupcakes for the food stall.
- Volunteer on the day to help us at the food stalls
- Spread the word to colleagues, friends, companies
- Donate towards the food for the food stalls either
- financially or in kind. We need:
- Vienna sausages
- Packets of sweets
This is a wonderful way to spend your 67 minutes and celebrate
Mandela Month so we look forward to you getting involved in some
way and we thank you so much for your time.
Please contact Ali on 082 4911171 or email@example.com
if you want to help.
Remember – this is to help our children to have a better start so
that they can have a better future.