Maths Centre is continuously looking for partnership opportunities with potential funders out there, regardless of the size of donation. No donation is too big or too small to make that much needed Maths and Science impact.
Every little bit helps to make a difference in the lives of our less privileged youth in our communities, and they are earnestly looking forward to be given an opportunity to help make that difference to their lives in order to have a brighter future and be positive citizens who will also directly contribute and grow the country’s economy in future.
There is no doubt that South African students need to excel in Maths and Science. The National Development Plan, the blueprint for a better tomorrow, identified the important role of Science, Technology and Innovation in achieving the country's longer-term vision. Maths Centre, teachers, learners and parents cannot achieve this without your generous financial contribution towards this much needed cause.
Thank you to all our current and previous sponsors, your generosity is making a difference, not just to the learners but to communities at large. watch the video ...
Maths and Science Kits
It is absolutely crucial that correct resources are used to enhance understanding and processing of mathematical and scientific concepts.
Concretisation of certain concepts attaches them to real life and simplifies learning.
The products were designed to ensure efficiency of cost and effectiveness of the curriculum coverage in each of the learning areas, Maths, Science and Technology. Current products are:
- Mathematics Learning and Teaching Materials
- Foundation Phase Kit
- Intermediate Phase Kit
- Senior Phase Kit
- TVET Kit
- Intermediate Phase Natural Science Cart
- Senior Phase Natural Science Cart
- TVET Physical Science Cart
|Maths Kit for Grade R, Foundation and intermediate
||Science Kit for High School learners
- Grade R Maths Kit R2,850.00
- M994 Foundation Phase Maths Kit R6,612.00
- M995 Intermediate Phase Kit Guide R5,700.00
- M996 Senior Phase Maths Kit R3,089.40
- M997 FET Phase Maths Kit R4,731.00
- Primary Numeracy strategy implemented in WCED schools (2009 - 2015). A 4.5% average gain was noted in the first six years.
- 400 learners from deep rural areas in the North West, Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal and the Free State improved baseline of 20% average performance in Maths and Science to 92% pass in total level 4 and above. 103 distinctions and 45 bursaries were secured in two years.
- Gauteng Department of Education: Teacher Development Project (2009) 400 teachers were moved from a baseline of below 50% to 80% in a 15-day 8-hour training in Maths and Science.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (2006-2009) MCIS conducted accredited courses for 1500 teachers to acquire a diploma in Mathematical Literacy and 240 teachers gaining a degree.
- Established 80 ICT hubs, 120 Numeracy hubs, supplied over R40 million worth Maths and Science carts to rural schools.
- MST Engineering delivered readiness for TVET colleges and artisans courses, promoting Grade 9s to stay at school thus reducing dropout rate.
- MCIS managed the Maths and Language Teacher and learner development of the Quality Learning project for Business Trust (2000-2004) Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) evaluation reported gains for a total of 500000 learners increased 26% on average